The Phoenix Coyotes got a 5-4 shootout victory over the Nashville Predators on Halloween night. It was a strange game, which was fitting for Halloween. Nashville’s record dropped to 6-5-2 on the year with the shootout loss. Roman Josi returned to Nashville’s lineup after missing 10 games with a concussion.
Here are five things from Thursday night’s game…
- The Predators gave away a point to the Coyotes. Nashville got out to a 3-0 lead in the first period and looked to be well on their way to a road victory. However, bad defense and goaltending allowed the Coyotes to get back into the game and ultimately win it in a shootout.
- David Legwand had a very good opening period for the Predators. He notched assists on Nashville’s first two goals of the game and then scored a goal of his own to give the Predators a 3-0 lead. With his three-point night, Legwand moved into sole possession of the scoring lead for the Predators on the season with 10 points in 13 games.
- Carter Hutton did not look good against the Coyotes. He gave up four combined goals in the second and third periods and was not tracking the puck well or anticipating where the puck was going to be. He’s going to have to be better in Pekka Rinne’s absence.
- Viktor Stalberg returned to the lineup for the Predators against the Coyotes and looked decent. He made a great defensive play, saving the puck from going over the goal line after it had squeezed by Hutton and looked more comfortable offensively. Filip Forsberg, however, was scratched. With the loss, the Predators drop to 0-3-1 when Forsberg is out of the lineup this season.
- Shane Doan had a goal an and assist for the Coyotes. Even at 37 years of age, he’s still a very good player in this league and is playing very well for Phoenix so far this season.
3 Stars of Thursday night’s game…
1. Shane Doan, PHX… Doan had a goal and an assist for the Coyotes, including a huge third period goal to bring the Coyotes within one goal.
2. David Legwand, NSH… Legwand had a three-point night for the Predators, all coming in the first period.
3. Mikkel Boedker, PHX… Boedker scored the game-winning shootout goal for the Coyotes.
Audio Highlights from 102.5 The Game…