7:00 PM CT – Philadelphia Flyers (10-12-2) @ Nashville Predators (13-11-2)
Radio: 102.5 The Game
Last time out:
PHI- The Flyers got a 2-1 win over the Winnipeg Jets on Friday. Sean Couturier and former Predator Scott Hartnell got the goals for the Flyers. Steve Mason played well in goal, stopping 25 of the 26 shots he faced.
NSH- The Predators fell 3-0 to the lowly Edmonton Oilers in their last game on Thanksgiving night. Marek Mazenec played well in net for the Predators, but he didn’t get any offensive support at all. Shea Weber left the game with an upper-body injury and did not return.
3 things to watch:
1. The Predators will be without the services of both Shea Weber and Kevin Klein, meaning their most experienced defenseman will be Roman Josi. It’ll be very interesting to see how Nashville’s incredibly young defense corps responds.
2. The Flyers have been a streaky team in the month of November. Prior to yesterday’s win over the Jets, Philadelphia had lost two games in a row. Nashville should be the more rested team given the fact that Philadelphia played yesterday.
3. With names like Claude Giroux, Vinny Lecavalier and Scott Hartnell, not many people would have expected coming into the season that David Legwand would be the top point-collector in this game. Legwand has 20 points in 26 games for the Predators and has been playing well offensively. Look for him to continue that tonight.
Projected starting goaltenders:
PHI- Ray Emery (3-4-0, 2.60 GAA)
NSH- Marek Mazanec (5-4-0, 2.01 GAA)
Projected lineups from last game/practice:
Scott Hartnell – Claude Giroux – Jakub Voracek
Wayne Simmonds – Vincent Lecavalier – Brayden Schenn
Matt Read – Sean Couturier – Steve Downie
Michael Raffl – Adam Hall – Zac Rinaldo
Braydon Coburn – Kimmo Timonen
Mark Streit – Nicklas Grossman
Luke Schenn – Andrej Meszaros
Eric Nystrom – Mike Fisher – Colin Wilson
Gabriel Bourque – David Legwand – Viktor Stalberg
Nick Spaling – Matt Cullen – Craig Smith
Rich Clune – Paul Gaustad – Matt Hendricks
Roman Josi – Seth Jones
Victor Bartley – Ryan Ellis
Mattias Ekholm – Joe Piskula
*Lineups are subject to change
NSH- Shea Weber (Eye, out), Kevin Klein (Lower body, out), Patric Hornqvist (Upper body, questionable), Filip Forsberg (Upper body, out), Pekka Rinne (Hip, out)
Numbers to know:
- Claude Giroux has historically been one of the most prolific goal scorers in the league, but he has just three goals through 25 games so far this season.
- Rich Clune is the only Nashville forward currently on the roster that has not scored a goal so far this season.
- Roman Josi will be the most experienced defenseman on the ice tonight for the Predators, and he’s only played in 116 NHL games.
- Power play: Philadelphia (15.6%, 22nd)… Nashville (21.0%, 8th)
- Penalty kill: Philadelphia (82.5%, 16th)… Nashville (84.5%, 9th)