Here are five things from Thursday night’s game…
- Thursday night’s 3-0 loss to the Oilers marked the first time the Predators had ever lost on Thanksgiving Day. Prior to that, the Predators had been 3-0-0 on Thanksgiving, and all of those games took place on home ice.
- Shea Weber took a puck to the face and had to leave the game in the second period. Weber didn’t return to the game and was listed as day-to-day with an upper body injury by the Predators after the game. Here’s video of the incident…
- If you were to take a look at the standings, you would find that Edmonton is the worst team in the Western Conference. However, they have been playing some good hockey lately. Including Thursday night’s win over the Predators, the Oilers have won four of their past five games with their lone loss coming against Chicago. The Oilers were able play their style of game against the Predators.
“They have a pretty consistent lineup from one to four. This isn’t an easy building to play in by any means. That’s a game we can easily try and take it to them, turn pucks over, and play to their strengths, but we didn’t do that tonight. I think we played the game that we wanted to show,” said Oilers forward Taylor Hall.
- Despite the loss, Marek Mazanec played another strong game in net for the Predators. He made 25 saves on 27 shots against and did so in back-to-back starts in two days after starting for the Predators on Wednesday night in Columbus.
“Maz was good. They had a couple of good looks, and he made a couple saves for us in a back-to-back situation,” said Predators head coach Barry Trotz.
- Thursday night’s 3-0 loss marks the sixth time the Predators have been shutout in 26 games so far this season. By comparison, the Western Conference leading Chicago Blackhawks have been shutout a grand total of zero times so far this season.
3 stars of Thursday night’s game…
1. Ilya Bryzgalov, EDM… Although he wasn’t tested a whole lot as far as difficulty is concerned, Bryzgalov still made 33 saves en route to his shutout victory.
2. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, EDM… Nugent-Hopkins scored the game-winning goal for the Oilers.
3. Taylor Hall, EDM… Hall had one goal and an assist and also had five shots on goal for Edmonton.
Post-game locker room video:
- Roman Josi
- Barry Trotz
Audio highlights from 102.5 The Game…