The Nashville Predators held on to escape Los Angeles with a 4-3 victory over the Kings on Saturday night at Staples Center.
Here are five things from Saturday night’s game…
- David Legwand scored two goals for the Predators, including the game-winning goal in the third period, to increase his point total on the season to 12 (4 g, 8a) in 14 games played. He’s been stellar so far for the Predators this season.
-Nashville won the game despite being heavily out-shot by a 38-17 margin. The Predators managed to score four goals on 17 shots and scored two of those goals on the power play.
- Patric Hornqvist assisted on Nashville’s first three goals of the game and had great vision all night . He found Shea Weber breaking down the ice on the back door for Nashville’s second goal and made a great backhand pass to Eric Nystrom for Nashville’s third goal of the game.
-Eric Nystrom scored his fourth goal of the season, putting him in a four-way tie with Hornqvist, Legwand and Weber for the team lead in goals this season. Not bad for a player that spends most of his time on what is supposed to be the third and fourth lines.
- Mike Fisher left the game in the second period with a lower-body injury and did not return. Fisher has already missed three games due to a lower-body injury this season.
3 Stars of the game…
1. David Legwand, NSH… Legwand scored two goals, including the game-winner, on three shots.
2. Patric Hornqvist, NSH… Hornqvist had three assists in the game and also blocked four Los Angeles shots.
3. Anze Kopitar, LAK… Kopitar had one goal and one assist and played a strong game against the Predators as usual.