Here are five things from Monday night’s game…
- Jarome Iginla is still a stud. He recorded two goals on the night on two shots on goal.
- Two lesser known players for the Bruins had huge impacts on the game. Carl Soderberg scored one goal and had two assists, while Ryan Spooner notched three assists.
- The Predators have been shooting themselves in the foot lately. They’ve been taking untimely penalties or not making saves that should be made. That was the case again on Monday night against Boston.
“Obviously we’re not happy with ourselves because we’re making the same mistakes over and over. We can’t do it the same way every single game. We have to learn from our mistakes, and we’re not doing that right now,” said Predators forward Patric Hornqvist.
- Craig Smith scored two goals for the Predators, which were his ninth and 10th goals of the season. He’s now moved into sole possession of the goal-scoring lead for Nashville.
- Seth Jones recorded an assist on Smith’s first goal, which came on the power play. Jones fired a slap shot from the point that Tuukka Rask wasn’t able to fully handle. The rebound kicked right to Smith, and he was able to put it in the net. The assist was Jones’ 11th point of the season.
3 stars from Monday night’s game…
1. Carl Soderberg, BOS… Soderberg had one goal and two assists in a strong game for the Bruins.
2. Ryan Spooner, BOS… Spooner recorded three assists and had a few scoring chances.
3. Jarome Iginla, BOS… Iginla had two goals for Boston on two shots on goal.
Post-game locker room video:
Audio highlights from 102.5 The Game…