7:00 PM CT – Dallas Stars (14-10-5) @ Nashville Predators (14-14-3)
Radio: 102.5 The Game
Last time out:
DAL- The stars got hammered by the defending Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night by a 6-2 score. Antoine Roussel scored both goals for the Stars while Patrick Sharp and Brandon Saad both had two goals each for the Blackhawks. Tuesday night’s game against Chicago marked the fourth time already this season that the Stars and Blackhawks have played each other.
NSH- The Predators got a much-needed 4-1 victory over the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night, playing in front of a national audience on the NBC Sports Network. Rich Clune scored the game-winning goal for the Predators, and Paul Gaustad had one goal and two assists. Carter Hutton picked up the win in goal for Nashville in his first start in a month.
3 things to watch:
1. Tyler Seguin has been lighting it up offensively for the Stars so far this season. He has 27 points in 27 games and leads the team with 15 goals. By comparison, Seguin has over two times as many goals as the Predators’ co-leaders in goal scoring in Shea Weber and Mike Fisher.
2. The Predators went 0-3-1 on their last home stand and are in desperate need for points. They’ve fallen behind the pack in both the Central Division and the Western Conference to start this season and need to string together a healthy dose of wins to climb back into playoff contention.
3. Seth Jones got 9:29 of ice time on Tuesday night. Will he see more ice time tonight?
Projected starting goaltenders:
DAL- Kari Lehtonen (11-6-5, 2.39 GAA)
NSH- Carter Hutton (5-3-1, 3.03 GAA)
Projected lineups from last game/practice:
Jamie Benn – Tyler Seguin – Valeri Nichushkin
Antoine Roussel – Cody Eakin – Ryan Garbutt
Erik Cole – Shawn Horcoff – Alex Chiasson
Ray Whitney – Dustin Jeffrey – Rich Peverley
Alex Goligoski – Brenden Dillon
Jordie Benn – Sergei Gonchar
Kevin Connauton – Jamie Oleksiak
Eric Nystrom – Mike Fisher – Viktor Stalberg
Nick Spaling – David Legwand – Patric Hornqvist
Colin Wilson – Matt Cullen – Gabriel Bourque
Rich Clune – Paul Gaustad – Matt Hendricks
Roman Josi – Shea Weber
Victor Bartley – Kevin Klein
Seth Jones – Ryan Ellis
*Lineups are subject to change
DAL - Stephanie Robidas (Lower body, out), Trevor Daley (Lower body, out), Vernon Fiddler (Upper body, out)
NSH- Filip Forsberg (Upper body, out), Pekka Rinne (Hip, out)
Numbers to know:
- The Stars are averaging 2.76 goals per game while the Predators are averaging 2.29 goals per game.
- Jamie Benn leads the Stars with 19 assists so far this season. He’s making a case for himself to make Team Canada when the Olympics come around in February.
- Power play: Dallas (10.8%, 30th)… Nashville (17.9, 16th)
- Penalty kill: Dallas (81.4, 18th)… Nashville (84.3, 9th)