7:00 PM CT – San Jose Sharks (20-6-6) @ Nashville Predators (15-14-3)
Radio: 102.5 The Game
Last time out:
SJS- The Sharks got a 3-1 win over the Minnesota Wild on Thursday night. Joe Pavelski scored two goals for the Sharks while rookie sensation Tomas Hertl got the other goal. San Jose peppered the Minnesota net with 39 shots on goal.
NSH- The Predators got a 3-1 win over the Dallas Stars on Thursday night at Bridgestone Arena. The Predators got two power play goals 28 seconds apart at the end of the first period to take a 2-1 lead, and then Paul Gaustad added another goal in the second period. Carter Hutton recorded his second consecutive victory for the Predators.
3 things to watch:
1. The Sharks have been a dynamic offensive team for almost a decade, and this season’s squad is no exception. Look for San Jose to throw a lot of shots on goal.
2. Carter Hutton has been stellar in net for the Predators in each of the past two games, only allowing one goal in each of them. How will he hold up against the third best offense in the league?
3. The Sharks are very good offensively, but they are also good defensively. San Jose is allowing just 2.31 goals per game, which is good for 8th in the NHL.
Projected starting goaltenders:
SJS- Antti Niemi (17-5-6, 2.23 GAA)
NSH- Carter Hutton (6-3-1, 2.83 GAA)
Projected lineups from last game/practice:
San Jose Sharks
Tomas Hertl – Joe Thornton – Brent Burns
Patrick Marleau – Logan Couture – Joe Pavelski
Matt Nieto – Andrew Desjardins – Tommy Wingels
Martin Havlat – John McCarthy – Tyler Kennedy
Marc-Edouard Vlasic – Dan Boyle
Brad Stuart – Justin Braun
Matt Irwin – Jason Demers
Eric Nystrom – Mike Fisher – Viktor Stalberg
Nick Spaling – David Legwand – Patric Hornqvist
Colin Wilson – Matt Cullen – Gabriel Bourque
Rich Clune – Paul Gaustad – Matt Hendricks
Roman Josi – Shea Weber
Victor Bartley – Kevin Klein
Seth Jones – Ryan Ellis
* Lineups are subject to change
SJS- Scott Hannan (Lower body, out) Mike Brown (Lower body, out), Adam Burish (Back, out), Raffi Torres (ACL, out)
NSH- Filip Forsberg (Upper body, out), Pekka Rinne (Hip, out)
Numbers to know:
- The Sharks have four players that have scored 10 or more goals so far this season. The Predators have zero.
- Joe Thornton leads the Sharks in points with 34 but only has five goals.
- Paul Gaustad is riding a two-game goal streak.
- Power play: San Jose (19.1%, 12th)… Nashville (19.4%, 11th)
- Penalty kill: San Jose (83.0%, 14th)…Nashville (84.8%, 9th)