7:00 PM CT – Boston Bruins (24-10-2) @ Nashville Predators (16-16-4)
Radio: 102.5 The Game
Last time out:
BOS- The Bruins got a 4-1 win over the lowly Buffalo Sabres on Saturday night. Reilly Smith led the way offensively for the Bruins with two goals, while David Krejci and Milan Lucic also tallied goals of their own. Tuukka Rask got the win net for Boston.
NSH- The Predators fell to the Montreal Canadiens in overtime by a 4-3 score. The Predators trailed 3-0 after the first period but got goals from Gabriel Bourque, Nick Spaling and Shea Weber to come back and tie the game. Marek Mazanec was pulled after allowing three goals on five shots, while Carter Hutton only allowed one goal.
3 things to watch:
1. Milan Lucic is one of the top power forwards in the game today, and he’s having a great season. He’s got 25 points (12g, 13a) in 36 games. Look for him to be active in front of the Nashville net.
2. The Predators are going to have to get good goaltending. The goaltenders have been very streaky of late, which has resulted in streaky play by the team.
3. Look for Boston to put a lot of shots on net. They’re one of the top teams in the NHL so far this season, and they’re able to score goals as well as play solid defense.
Projected starting goaltenders:
BOS- Tuukka Rask (18-8-2, 1.87 GAA)
NSH- Carter Hutton (7-5-2, 2.88 GAA)
Projected lineups from last game/practice:
Milan Lucic – David Krejci – Jarome Iginla
Brad Marchand – Patrice Bergeron – Reilly Smith
Carl Soderberg – Ryan Spooner – Matt Fraser
Jordan Caron – Gregory Campbell – Nick Johnson
Zdeno Chara – Torey Krug
Matt Bartowski – Dennis Seidenberg
David Warsofsky – Johnny Boychuk
Colin Wilson – Mike Fisher – Patric Hornqvist
Nick Spaling – David Legwand – Craig Smith
Gabriel Bourque – Matt Cullen – Viktor Stalberg
Eric Nystrom – Paul Gaustad – Matt Hendricks
Roman Josi – Shea Weber
Seth Jones – Kevin Klein
Mattias Ekholm – Ryan Ellis
*Lineups are subject to change
BOS- Doug Hamilton (Lower body, out) Daniel Paille (Concussion, out) Adam McQuaid (Lower body, questionable), Chris Kelly (Ankle, out) Loui Eriksson (Concussion, out)
NSH- Seth Jones (Upper body, questionable), Pekka Rinne (Hip, out)
Numbers to know:
- Jarome Iginla is having another solid season, posting 22 points (8g, 14a) in 36 games.
- Zdeno Chara and Shea Weber both have nine goals respectively for their teams as defensemen so far this season.
- The Predators are 4-2-1 against the Atlantic Division so far this season.
- Power play: Boston (19.6%, 10th)… Nashville (21.0%, 7th)
- Penalty kill: Boston (87.2%, 3rd)… Nashville (83.9%, 10th)