The Nashville Predators got a 2-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Thursday night in the first game of a four-game Canadian road trip.
Here are five things from Thursday night’s game…
- Nick Spaling scored the game-winning goal for the Predators on the power play when he was able to redirect a shot from the point by Seth Jones past Vancouver goaltender Roberto Luongo. The goal was Spaling’s ninth of the season.
- Craig Smith scored the first Nashville goal at a critical time when the Predators were trailing 1-0. It was Smith’s 16th goal of the season, which leads the Predators.
- Carter Hutton played well in net again for the Predators, stopping 33 of 34 shots faced. With the win, Hutton has now won four consecutive starts for the Predators.
- Michael Del Zotto made his debut with the Predators and recorded 13:15 of ice time on 17 shifts after arriving to Vancouver late Wednesday because of the trade.
- Roman Josi led all skaters with 29:30 of ice time, and Shea Weber was second with 27:53 of ice time.
3 stars of the game…
1. Nick Spaling, NSH… Spaling scored the game-winning goal and assisted on Craig Smith’s goal and recorded 20:27 of ice time.
2. Carter Hutton, NSH… Hutton was stellar in net for the Predators, stopping 33 of 34 shots.
3. Craig Smith, NSH… Smith scored Nashville’s first goal of the game and had three shots on goal.