The Nashville Predators got a 4-3 victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday night to finish their Canadian road trip with a 2-1-1 record.
Here are five things from Tuesday night’s game…
- Nashville got the victory against the Jets, but played the overwhelming majority of the final period without their captain. Shea Weber left the game with an upper-body injury early in the third period and did not return.
- Mike Fisher got the game-winning goal for the Predators in the third period seconds after another goal scored by the Predators had been waved off due to goaltender interference.
- Roman Josi scored a goal on an absolutely gorgeous passing play by the Predators in the third period. It was a tic-tac-toe play from Shea Weber, Nick Spaling, David Legwand and Craig Smith. Josi received the final pass from Smith and was able to wrist it past Ondrej Pavelec.
- Colton Sissons made his NHL debut for the Predators and recorded an assist on a goal by Nick Spaling. Sissons finished the game with 10:49 of ice time.
- Seth Jones scored a beautiful goal, which was Nashville’s first goal of the game. He made a great inside-outside deke to create separation and went behind the Winnipeg net with speed, which allowed him to convert on a wrap-around attempt before Pavelec was able to seal off the far side post.
3 stars of the game…
1. Mike Fisher, NSH… Fisher scored the game-winning goal for the Predators and had a team high five shots on goal.
2. Mark Scheifele, WPG… Scheifele had a goal and an assist and won 64 percent of his faceoffs.
3. Craig Smith, NSH… Smith finished the game with two assists and played another strong game for the Predators.