The Urdu word for birthdays is “Salgirah“, which describes an old heritage of tying a knot in a rope because that every date of birth to remember the period of a person. Mine dadi (paternal grandmother) remembered the moment this provided to happen before diaries and modern-day calendars took away the need for this method. Sharing six fun means to carry Urdu in birthdays.
You are watching: How to say happy birthday in urdu
The Urdu tantamount of “Happy Birthday” is “Salgirah Mubarik“. While countless of us, largely elders still great on a birthday using the Urdu expression and adding “jeeyo hazaroon saal, har saal mein hon din hazaar” (May friend live a thousand years, may each year have a thousands days) Urdu is far removed from most of our date of birth celebrations these days.
Two years ago I to be attending the date of birth celebrations because that my daughter in her preschool, a place with an exceptional multicultural and global outlook. The children knew exactly how to sing the birthday track in English, Spanish and also French. Among the teachers was from Italy and also sang the birthday song in Italian and also a young boy that knew the language proudly join her. She climate turned to me and asked if ns would choose to sing the “Pakistani” variation of “Happy Birthday”. Ns was stumped.
Since the day, I solved the carry Urdu in our date of birth celebrations to have actually a truly bilingual representation. It’s quite simple really and also here are a few suggestions:Six ways to bring Urdu in Birthdays
1. Teach your children to wish “Salgirah Mubarik” together with Happy Birthday. Teach castle by modelling it yourself.
2. The “Happy Birthday” tune is the most popular and also well-known song around the world. It’s organic that your kids will love singing it. You can introduce them gently and enthusiastically to the Urdu variation of Happy Birthday. Examine out this write-up I have actually done on 2 versions of a urdu Happy birthday song.
Below is a variation of me and my daughter singing “jungle mein mungal tere that dum se” native the old Pakistani movie:https://smashville247.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Salgirah.m4a
Enthusiam is key! Watch your children capture yours and have fun v the Urdu happy date of birth song. We song the very first two lines and also my daughter now adds the surname of the birthday human being within the words.
3. Make Urdu visible in the celebrations. You can either write “Salgirah Mubarik” top top a blackboard or sign, as my friend did for my birthday this year (picture in ~ the top). Or include it top top the cake like the picture below (another birthday surprise by a beloved friend)
4. As soon as you compose birthday cards, girlfriend can add Urdu together with the English. Occasionally I compose the whole card in Urdu and also if I’m providing it to a child who cannot check out Urdu yet, I just write “Salgirah Mubarik” in Urdu or their name (I love watching your eyes open wide when they watch their name in Urdu).
See more: How Much Is One Liter Of Water In Cups, Does 4 Cups Equal 1 Liter
5. Incorporate part traditional personalities as date of birth themes. The design template of mine son’s an initial birthday to be “Maula Jatt”. My daughter is loving Burka Avenger these days and that just can be the template of her following birthday party!
6. Ultimately you have the right to follow any traditions you remember from her family. Mine dadi would lovingly provide “Sadqa” (charity) in the surname of the birthday boy/girl accompanied through a million of she duas that still ring in my mind.
Let me know how you chosen these proposal or if you have some of your own! would love to hear native you!