You are watching: The declaration of independence illustrates what philosophical school of thought
2. The american should have actually lost the revolution against good Britain becauseA) the american were separated over somany issues.B) the French supported them. C) the british were more motivated to win.D) the British had actually all the advantages.
3. The Committee of Public safety and security was given broad powers toA) defend the Paris Commune from thieves.B) drainpipe all the canals.C) safeguard France native threats.D) regain order come Brussels.
4. Montesquieu"s most lasting donation to political thought was hisA) analysis of the governmental device of checks and also balances.B) to know of the natural laws that governed human being society.C) concept that the federal government should interfere with spiritual matters.D) idea the punishments should be brutal to it is in effective.
8. The explanation of freedom illustrates what philosophical school that thought?A) Realism B) enlightenment C) AbsolutismD) Heliocentrism
10. A methodical procedure for collecting and examining evidence is well-known as the _____ method.A) inductive B) clinical C) rationalD) gravitational
11. In his last battle, Napoleon was beat byA) the bitter Russian winter.B) a combined British and also Prussian army.C) a combined French and also Swiss army.D) the remarkable British navy
12. In its do the efforts to create a new order the reflected its belief in reason, the national ConventionA) declared brand-new national holidays celebrating great French spiritual leaders.B) bespeak the structure of several brand-new libraries and universities, even though the treasurywas empty.C) gone after a policy of de-Christianization, going so much as to adopt a brand-new calendar.D) drafted yet another constitution to reflect the ideas of the Enlightenment.
13. A ______________ through Napoleon toppled the brochure to create his consulate.A) coup d"état B) election C) secessionD) court ruling
14. What to be the two major reasons that Napoleon"s Grand realm collapsed?A) Napoleon"s greed and laziness in ~ his bureaucracyB) the survival of good Britain and the force of nationalismC) the resentment the the clergy and the plotting of the accountantsD) France"s weak economy and the drainpipe of Napoleon"s numerous wars
15. I m sorry of France"s mansions paid the taille?A) the very first Estate B) the second Estate C) the 3rd EstateD) the 4th Estate
16. The statements of the rights of Man and also the citizens proclaimedA) equal legal rights for all men, however no political civil liberties for women.B) an finish to the monarchy and the abolishing that a nationwide Assembly.C) equal civil liberties for every citizens, consisting of equal political civil liberties for women.D) an end to the nationwide police force.
17. The difference between the Girondins and the mountain was thatA) the Girondins to be members of the 3rd Estate, if the mountain was not.B) the Girondins leaned toward maintaining the king alive, while the mountain wanted theking executed.C) the Girondins to be radicals in the city the Amsterdam, if the hill representedGermany.D) the Girondins to be legitimately elected by the people, if the mountain seizedpower by force.
18. The most vital of the seven legal codes established by Napoleon wasA) the religious Code. B) the international Policy Code.C) the seller Code.D) the polite Code.
19. Promo within Napoleon"s new bureaucracy wasA) based upon location.B) offered to those Napoleon favored, however taken far as shortly as they dropped out that favor.C) based on capacity only, no rank or birth.D) draft to advantage the nobility and keep the middle course from obtaining high-rankingpositions.
See more: 7 Zip Codes In Upper East Side Ny Zip Codes, Upper East Side, Ny New York, Ny Neighborhood
20. To ensure loyalty, that did Napoleon install on the thrones that the lands he conquered?A) his relativesB) DirectoryC) consulateD) duke of Wellington
21. That was the radical Jacobin that pursued the reign of Terror?A) Napoleon BonaparteB) Maximilien RobespierreC) luigi XVID) Jean-Baptiste Colbert
22. When Louis XVI referred to as a conference of the Estates-General in 1789, i m sorry estate want to set up aconstitutional government?A) very first EstateB) 2nd EstateC) 3rd EstateD) fourth Estate
26. The clergy and nobles in France belonged come the _____________ estate and ___________ estaterespectively.