How to replace the DPFE Sensor on a Ford F-150
The DPFE, or Differential Pressure Feedback sensor is a crucial component of the exhaust gas recirculation mechanism (EGR). The sensor may conversely be provided as the "delta" press feedback sensor. Its objective is to measure up the pressure difference in between two points on the EGR feed tube/exhaust inlet. The PCM offers this press differential to identify the correct flowrate that exhaust gases with the EGR valve based on the current operating conditions. When the DPFE falls short or begins to administer the PCM v faulty information, the EGR duty cycle can not be readjusted properly. A DPFE sensor failure is often determined by a P0401 or similar diagnostic trouble code, identifying inadequate EGR flow.
Applicable model Years: 1997 - 2004 4.2L V-6, 4.6L/5.4L V-8 Ford F-150 Differential push feedback sensor (DPFE): Motorcraft DPFE15 (Ford F77Z-9J460-AB)
Note - there space two species of sensors, those the bolt come the firewall and also those the "float" ~ above the feed tubes. The complying with procedures are based upon the floating type, back the actions are the same save for the need to unbolt the sensors that space secured to the firewall.
Click any type of thumbnail to view high resolution fullsize picture w/ addition details (where applicable)
• Disconnect the an unfavorable battery cable.
• situate the DPFE sensor. It is positioned come the left the the brake booster up versus the firewall and has two metal tubes to run from the EGR valve supply line and into the DPFE sensor. Keep in mind that part sensors will "float" over the tubes, if others may actually be addressed to the firewall by (2) bolts.
You are watching: What is a dpfe sensor ford
• Unplug the electric connector indigenous the DPFE sensor, then remove the sensor. If the inlet hoses room tight, gently move the sensor side-to-side when pulling. Be careful not to break off the plastic nipples on the sensor.
• install the brand-new sensor in turning back order, making sure that it is completely seated in the inlet hoses. If desired, you can secure the lines through zip ties or hose clamps.
See more: Selene Goddess Of The Moon Powers, Selene The Moon Goddess
• Reinstall the an unfavorable battery cable, start the truck, and verify every little thing is functioning appropriately (i.e. No inspect engine light, DTCs).
smashville247.net is not affiliated through nor endorsed through Ford Motor company or any type of manufacturer pointed out herein, unless explicitly provided otherwise.