2) i m sorry of the complying with would not be classified as a lymphatic structure? A) pancreas B) spleen C) tonsils D) Peyer"s job of the intestine
3) The distal section of the small intestine has clumps the lymph follicles dubbed ________. A) islets the Langerhans B) Peyer"s spot C) rugae D) villi
4) Both lymph and venous blood flow are greatly dependent on ________. A) the pumping activity of the heart B) bones muscle contractions and also differences in thoracic pressures because of respiratory motion C) convulsion of the vessels themselves D) two-way valves
5) The thymus is most active during ________. A) fetal breakthrough B) childhood C) middle age D) old age
6) which lymphatic framework drains lymph native the appropriate upper limb and the right side the the head and also thorax? A) lumbar tribe B) thoracic duct C) appropriate lymphatic duct D) cisterna chyli
7) What effect does period have top top the dimension of the thymus? A) The dimension of the thymus rises continuously from bear to death. B) The size of the thymus decreases repeatedly from bear to death. C) The thymus is not impacted by age. D) The thymus initially rises in size and also then to reduce in dimension from adolescence with old age.
You are watching: Which lymphatic structure drains lymph from the
D) The thymus initially boosts in size and also then reduce in dimension from adolescence with old age.
8) The lymphatic capillaries are ________. A) an ext permeable than blood capillaries B) much less permeable than blood capillaries C) as permeable as blood capillaries D) completely impermeable
9) Antibodies that act versus a particular foreign substance space released by ________. A) T lymphocytes B) plasma cells C) lymph nodes D) medullary cords
10) Lymph leaves a lymph node via ________. A) efferent lymphatic ship B) afferent lymphatic ship C) the cortical sinus D) the subscapular sinus
11) which cells become immunocompetent due to thymic hormones? A) basophils B) lymphocytes C) macrophages D) monocytes
12) functions of the spleen include all of those below except ________. A) remove of old or defective blood cell from the blood B) developing crypts that trap bacteria C) warehouse of blood platelets D) storage of iron
13) as soon as the lymphatic structures are blocked due to tumors, the an outcome is ________. A) shrinkage of organization distal to the blockage as result of inadequate distribution of lymph B) major localized edema distal to the blockage C) increased pressure in the lymphatics proximal to the blockage D) abnormally high lymph drainage from the distal region
14) select the correct statement around lymph transport. A) Under regular conditions, lymph ship are an extremely high-pressure conduits. B) Lymph transport is quicker than that arising in veins. C) Lymph transfer is only important when illness reasons tissue swelling. D) Lymph transport relies on the movement of nearby tissues, such together skeletal muscles.
15) select the exactly statement around lymphocytes. A) The 2 main species are T cells and also macrophages. B) B cells develop plasma cells, i beg your pardon secrete antibodies into the blood. C) T cells are the precursors that B cells. D) T cells are the only kind of lymphocyte found in lymphoid tissue.
See more: What Is The Lifespan Of A Peacock (Different Stages), What Is The Lifespan Of A Peacock
16) pick the exactly statement around lymphoid tissue. A) when a lymphocyte start the lymphoid tissue, it stays there permanently. B) Lymphoid macrophages secrete antibodies into the blood. C) Lymphoid tissue is predominantly reticular connective tissue. D) T lymphocytes action by ingesting international substances.
17) Lymphoid tissue that shows up as a swelling of the mucosa in the dental cavity is called a(n) ________. A) tonsil B) thymus C) Peyer"s job D) appendix
18) i m sorry of the complying with is not a mucosa-associated lymphatic tissue? A) tonsil B) thymus C) Peyer"s patch D) appendix
19) Peyer"s job are discovered in the ________. A) duodenum the the little intestine B) ileum the the tiny intestine C) big intestine D) jejunum the the small intestine
20) Lymph capillaries are missing in all however which the the following? A) bones and also teeth B) bone marrow C) CNS D) digestive organs
21) What is a bubo? A) a wall surface in a lymph node B) a lobe the the spleen C) one infected Peyer"s job D) one infected lymph node
22) The thymus is the only lymphoid body organ that walk not: A) have lymphocytes B) develop hormones C) have actually a cortex and medulla D) directly fight antigens
23) big clusters the lymph nodes take place in all of the complying with locations other than the ________. A) inguinal an ar B) cervical region C) axillary an ar D) lower extremities
24) cradle tract-associated lymphatic tissue includes all of the following except ________. A) Peyer"s spot B) palatine tonsils C) lingual tonsils D) islets that Langerhans
25) i beg your pardon of the following is not a an approach that maintains lymph flow? A) skeleton muscle convulsion B) breathing C) valves in lymph vessel walls D) smooth muscle contraction
26) The tonsils situated at the basic of the tongue space the ________. A) lingual tonsils B) palatine tonsils C) pharyngeal tonsils D) Peyer"s tonsils
27) i m sorry of the following is not a normal component that lymph? A) water B) plasma proteins C) red blood cell D) ions
28) A sentinel node is ________. A) a lymph node uncovered in the intestinal lamina propria B) the an initial node in ~ the junction of all the lumbar trunks C) a little node in the spleen D) the first node to get lymph from an area doubt to be cancerous
29) i beg your pardon of the following are functions of lymphoid tissue? A) home and provide a proliferation site for lymphocytes B) residence and administer a proliferation website for neutrophils C) furnish suitable surveillance vantage point for lymphocytes and macrophages D) A and also C
30) i beg your pardon of the following is no a duty of the lymphatic system? A) draining excess interstitial liquid B) carrying out immune responses C) moving dietary fat D) transferring respiratory gases
31) i beg your pardon of the following is not a function of lymph nodes? A) act together lymph filters and also activate the immune mechanism B) produce lymphoid cells and also granular WBCs C) create lymph fluid and cerebro-spinal fluid D) offer as antigen monitoring areas
Hole"s Essentials of person Anatomy & Physiology (High school Edition)David N. Shier, Jackie L. Butler, Ricki Lewis
Loose Leaf variation for Hole"s Essentials of human Anatomy and also Physiology11th EditionDavid N. Shier, Jackie L. Butler, Ricki Lewis