1) Small organs linked with lymphatic vessels are termed ________. A) lymph follicles B) lymph nodes C) axillary nodes D) cisterna chyli
2) Which of the complying with would certainly not be classified as a lymphatic structure? A) pancreas B) spleen C) tonsils D) Peyer"s patches of the intestine
3) The distal portion of the little intestine consists of clumps of lymph follicles referred to as ________. A) islets of Langerhans B) Peyer"s patches C) rugae D) villi
4) Both lymph and venous blood circulation are heavily dependent on ________. A) the pumping action of the heart B) skeletal muscle contractions and distinctions in thoracic pressures because of respiratory motion C) contraction of the vessels themselves D) two-method valves
5) The thymus is many energetic during ________. A) fetal advance B) childhood C) middle age D) old age
6) Which lymphatic structure drains lymph from the ideal upper limb and the ideal side of the head and also thorax? A) lumbar trunk B) thoracic duct C) ideal lymphatic duct D) cisterna chyli
7) What result does age have on the size of the thymus? A) The size of the thymus rises continuously from birth to fatality. B) The dimension of the thymus decreases consistently from birth to fatality. C) The thymus is not impacted by age. D) The thymus initially boosts in dimension and also then decreases in size from adolescence through old age.
You are watching: Which lymphatic structure drains lymph from the
D) The thymus initially boosts in dimension and also then decreases in dimension from adolescence through old age.
8) The lymphatic capillaries are ________. A) even more permeable than blood capillaries B) much less permeable than blood capillaries C) as permeable as blood capillaries D) totally impermeable
9) Antibodies that act versus a certain foreign substance are released by ________. A) T lymphocytes B) plasma cells C) lymph nodes D) medullary cords
10) Lymph leaves a lymph node via ________. A) efferent lymphatic vessels B) afferent lymphatic vessels C) the cortical sinus D) the subscapular sinus
11) Which cells become immunocompetent due to thymic hormones? A) basophils B) lymphocytes C) macropheras D) monocytes
12) Functions of the spleen encompass all of those below other than ________. A) removal of old or defective blood cells from the blood B) developing crypts that trap bacteria C) storage of blood plateallows D) storage of iron
13) When the lymphatic frameworks are blocked because of tumors, the outcome is ________. A) shrinkage of tproblems distal to the blockage as a result of poor distribution of lymph B) serious localized edema distal to the blockage C) enhanced press in the lymphatics proximal to the blockage D) abgenerally high lymph drainage from the distal region
14) Select the correct statement about lymph move. A) Under normal conditions, lymph vessels are very high-push conduits. B) Lymph transfer is faster than that occurring in veins. C) Lymph carry is just crucial when disease reasons tworry swelling. D) Lymph deliver counts on the movement of surrounding tissues, such as skeletal muscles.
15) Select the correct statement around lymphocytes. A) The 2 primary kinds are T cells and macrophages. B) B cells produce plasma cells, which secrete antibodies right into the blood. C) T cells are the precursors of B cells. D) T cells are the just form of lymphocyte uncovered in lymphoid tissue.
See more: What Is The Lifespan Of A Peacock (Different Stages), What Is The Lifespan Of A Peacock
16) Select the correct statement around lymphoid tproblem. A) Once a lymphocyte enters the lymphoid tconcern, it resides there permanently. B) Lymphoid macrophages secrete antibodies right into the blood. C) Lymphoid tproblem is predominantly reticular connective tconcern. D) T lymphocytes act by ingesting foreign substances.
17) Lymphoid tconcern that shows up as a swelling of the mucosa in the oral cavity is dubbed a(n) ________. A) tonsil B) thymus C) Peyer"s patch D) appendix
18) Which of the adhering to is not a mucosa-associated lymphatic tissue? A) tonsil B) thymus C) Peyer"s patch D) appendix
19) Peyer"s patches are found in the ________. A) duodenum of the tiny intestine B) ileum of the small intestine C) big intestine D) jejunum of the little intestine
20) Lymph capillaries are lacking in all but which of the following? A) bones and teeth B) bone marrow C) CNS D) digestive organs
21) What is a bubo? A) a wall surface in a lymph node B) a lobe of the spleen C) an infected Peyer"s patch D) an infected lymph node
22) The thymus is the only lymphoid body organ that does not: A) have actually lymphocytes B) create hormones C) have actually a cortex and also medulla D) straight fight antigens
23) Large clusters of lymph nodes happen in all of the following places except the ________. A) inguinal region B) cervical region C) axillary region D) reduced extremities
24) Digestive tract-associated lymphatic tproblem includes all of the following except ________. A) Peyer"s patches B) palatine tonsils C) lingual tonsils D) isallows of Langerhans
25) Which of the complying with is not an approach that maintains lymph flow? A) skeletal muscle contractivity B) breapoint C) valves in lymph vessel walls D) smooth muscle contraction
26) The tonsils situated at the base of the tongue are the ________. A) lingual tonsils B) palatine tonsils C) pharyngeal tonsils D) Peyer"s tonsils
27) Which of the adhering to is not a normal component of lymph? A) water B) plasma proteins C) red blood cells D) ions
28) A sentinel node is ________. A) a lymph node found in the intestinal lamina propria B) the initially node at the junction of all the lumbar trunks C) a small node in the spleen D) the initially node to get lymph from an area suspected to be cancerous
29) Which of the following are attributes of lymphoid tissue? A) residence and also administer a proliferation site for lymphocytes B) residence and also administer a proliferation site for neutrophils C) furnish a suitable surveillance vantage suggest for lymphocytes and also macrophages D) A and also C
30) Which of the following is not a role of the lymphatic system? A) draining excess interstitial fluid B) carrying out immune responses C) carrying dietary fats D) transporting respiratory gases
31) Which of the following is not a duty of lymph nodes? A) act as lymph filters and also activate the immune mechanism B) create lymphoid cells and granular WBCs C) create lymph liquid and cerebro-spinal liquid D) serve as antigen surveillance areas
Hole"s Essentials of Human being Anatomy & Physiology (High School Edition)David N. Shier, Jackie L. Butler, Ricki Lewis
Loose Leaf Version for Hole"s Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology11th EditionDavid N. Shier, Jackie L. Butler, Ricki Lewis